Thursday, January 13, 2011

Fabric Shopping

This week, I've been busy trying to find fabric for my first upholstery project.  After, much deliberation, I finally selected this pretty linen blend print.  I'm still not sure if I'm going to use it on the entire chair, or buy a contrasting fabric for the back and and cording.  It's tough to know how bold to go with fabric.  I love my selection, but wonder if it needs to be paired with something bolder and more geometric to balance it's pretty softness.
*top to bottom, left to right: Claridge's Hotel in London decorated in Diane von Furstenberg's bold fabrics, fabric I selected from beautifulfabric.com (called Heddi Tranquil), my first upholstery project chair--partially deconstructed, via designspongeonline.com
*This purple bird fabric was my second choice pictured here in a Duralee 2011 print ad, via duralee.com